As I sit here curled up on a breezy balcony, headphones in and a convenient tub of ice cream only inches away, there is a beautiful ocean just a couple of blocks away. Are you guys going to be hitting up the beach anytime soon? If so, make sure you’ve got a couple of these products on hand!
1. You gotta have a good bathing suit. Period. Beach, pool, lake, back yard tanning sessions; whatever you do Aerie has got yo’ back with their beautifully colorful, comfortable, and affordable suits. I got these bottoms for a DOLLAR.
2. I gotta put a good sunscreen in the mix because it’s just plain important. No one wants to be a) a lobster, b) a burnt marshmallow, or c) getting skin cancer. Seriously though it is always a good idea to have a strong sunscreen on hand. My favorite is Banana Boat‘s CoolZone spray— it’s cooling when it applies for those really hot days!
3. Even though you probably won’t be showering in the ocean, a good moisturizing shampoo is a must, especially with all that salt or smelly lake water! I’ve become obsessed with OGX‘s Nourishing Coconut Milk shampoo. There’s no need for a conditioner and it smells great!
4. A good book is the smartest and most beneficial way to spend your down time. The more time you spend regularly reading the greater your self-esteem and self-acceptance. #TheMoreYouKnow
5. If, for some reason, your face gets a little burned or dry (that’s what sunscreen is for) a good moisturizer like Neutrogena’s Water Gel Moisturizer is unbelievably good! It isn’t creamy or thick– instead it sinks in and cools immediately.
6. Make sure to keep your face clean and bright with these Love & Beauty Cucumber Lemon wipes. They are a bit drying, but that means bye, bye shine and sweat!
7. And if you want a little bit of coverage, go for Rimmel London’s Radiance BB Cream. It works miracles, and lasts too!
Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks