Neutrogena’s new moisturizer has been making huge headlines lately as the latest and best drugstore gel moisturizer, and I wanted to see what the hype was all about. What makes this product different is that it’s water-based, meaning that it sinks in and works incredibly fast! The only high-end comparison I can think of is Clinique’s Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, which is around $38. This clever dupe is only $17, and I personally feel that it works better! Obviously all the hype was no lie, but you can watch the video to learn more about this favorite product of mine!
I hope that you guys liked this video and the new design of this blog! Tune in for new videos Tuesday and Thursday, as well as a really fun Fashion Friday post this week! Until next time…
This is slightly overdue (sorry about that) but I want to share with you my morning, and nighttime, skincare routines! This winter my skin hasn’t been very cooperative; maybe it has been stress or just the dry weather, I don’t know.
I’d tried new products, went to my dermatologist, but none of it helped. Finally I realized my skin was so dry and oily (the WOREST pair) because I was washing my face at night. I have no clue why, I just went with it.
After having that revelation my skin cleared up dramatically! Since I started this routine my spots have cleared up and my oily/dry patches have been subdued (FINALLY!). So, here are the products that I use! Enjoy 🙂
1. Neutrogena Oil-Free Cleansing Wipes in Grapefruit: I love, love, love these wipes! First off, they smell amazing, secondly, they are acne fighting, thirdly, they remove makeup and cleanse at the same time! No need to wash your face with these bad boys! I get mine at Target so they are the’ Compare To’ kind but I’m sure there aren’t a lot of differences.
2. Clinique Dramatically Moisturizing Gel Lotion: This product I use both morning and night. I really like this moisturizer because it almost immediately sinks into your skin while cooling it. I’ve tried a lot of moisturizers but this one has to be my favorite! It is on the more expensive side so if you’re looking for a similar product I would just try to find any kind of gel lotion. They should have similar properties to this one.
3. The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Spot Treatment: On to my acne. I always use this at night and very occasionally in the mornings. This is the second time buying this product and I’m not prepared to give it up! I like it because it treats only problem areas, which means you’re not going to have dry skin just because of a few pimples! It smells very strong, but it definitely worked for me! Give it some time as well, this product isn’t as strong as other acne spot treatments but within a couple of weeks you should see some improvement!
1. All Natural Honey: Yes, honey. I read on a couple of sites that it helps to restore moisture as well as brighten your complexion! All I do is apply a glob of it on my damp face like a facial mask. I don’t rub it in as much as just slather it on. Then I was with warm water, and then a little bit of cold water to close up your pores (learned that from a friend!).
2. Moisturize! I then use my moisturizer again and start to get ready for the day!
I have been meaning to write this post for a long time so sorry for the delay! I think it was about a month ago that I tweeted out to @SimpleSkincare and within the day they responded asking me what products of theirs I use. So after telling them they quickly sent me an adorable little package containing the moisturizer and foaming cleanser that I use, as well as a couple of other goodies and the sweetest note ever! Anyways, this (very, very) late post is going to be all about those products and what I like/dislike about them!
I always have to have a foaming cleanser wether I am using Simple or not. This one I particularly like because it is very gentle and VERY foamy, which makes it appear to be doing its job. Depending on your skin type it might leave your skin a little tight after washing, but that is why I always follow up with the Replenishing Moisturizer.
Next up in my #NoMakeupWakeup routine is to use this moisturizer after I have removed all the built up residue from my face. Great image, right? Back to the product, I like this moisturizer more than I do most, but it is not my favorite. I don’t know if some of their other moisturizers are slightly better, this one just caught my eye because it said that it would last for 12 hours. One thing that I dislike about it is that it kinda smells. Not terribly, but faintly of cardboard. It also takes a little bit longer to soak into the skin than other moisturizers I have used. But if those two things don’t really bother you, go for it! If they do, I recommend trying a different one from their line or a different brand all together.
Eye Makeup Removing Wipes
I really like this wipes, and they are especially designed for eye makeup, so they have a slightly more dynamic shape to them. I usually just use the foaming cleanser to remove my face and eye makeup, but if I am wearing eyeliner or a heavy mascara I am sure to whip these babies out! I don’t have a lot of different brands to compare them to, but they do their job perfectly fine in my opinion!
I then got a couple of packs of the facial wipes, which work really well! I find that my skin type doesn’t agree well with any kind of wipe (I just usually use the eye ones), but I would definitely recommend them if you are in need of some not-so-expensive wipes. I can’t stop using them after dance performances! Once again I do not have a whole lot of experience with facial wipes, but I think that these are definitely a keeper! I mean, I have already been through a whole pack of them!
So that was that! I hope that you liked what you read, definitely comment below with opinions, suggestions, anything! I love hearing from you guys! And make sure to check out Simple Skincare and try some of the products for yourself!
P.S. I really want to try their Revitalizing Eye Roll-On. If any of you have tried/use/love it please comment!
*These products were sent to me without payment in response to my reaching out to SimpleSkincare*