Hello My Beauties!
A bit about Alex: “Snippets with Alex is a blog about life, style, and things worth while — circled around faith and fashion for the everyday woman.”
1. Where did the name of your blog come from? When I first started my blog, I had no idea what direction I wanted to go in. I knew I wanted to include fashion, but I didn’t want to limit myself to just that. After much contemplating, ‘snippets’ just came to mind. Absolutely no boundaries.
2. When did you start blogging? I started blogging back in high school to document my crafting endeavors and what not, but that lasted about three posts. Then I tried again, but failed after 5 posts due to lack of time with schooling and then teaching. I decided that the third time’s the charm and decided to go more towards the fashion route, which I soon realized was much more manageable because I had to get dressed in the morning anyway! 😛
3. Where do you get your inspirations from? I get my inspiration from my conversations with people, other blogs, and pretty much just life in general.
4. Your taste in clothing is INCREDIBLE! Have you always had an interest in fashion? Aw, you’re sweet. 🙂 I’ve always been interested in fashion, but never really found my style until just recently. Up until college, I always felt like I was in someone else’s skin. I kept dressing myself with the hope to look like that other girl down the street. It was in college that I became comfortable with the body and personality that God gave me. No more trying to impress others. Back then, if I liked it, then I made sure that it was what’s “cool”. But now, if I like it, then I like it with confidence.
5. You say that another aspect of your blog is about encompassing faith into your posts. Can you explain how you do that? My faith in Jesus Christ is a big part of my life and I hope that shows through my blog, whether it’s a full fledge Faith Friday post, or with little words of encouragement. I feel like it’s easy to start getting self-centered, narcissistic, and materialistic when blogging about fashion, and so I try to remind myself daily that our purpose in life is not about our possessions, our own glory, or success, but about living for God in everything we do.
6. How are you able to balance life with your blog? Balancing my life and the blog has been difficult at times. It’s all about the planning — however it helps that I literally see my photographer every day since I drive her to school. 😉 But also, I told myself when I started my blog that my top priorities are still going to be God, family, friends, and my students. This year, with new curriculum and other school happenings, I only blog 1-2 times a week because my students deserve my very best.
7. What do you do outside of your blog? Outside of my blog, my life mainly consists of teaching and keeping close with my family and friends. You can usually find me at a coffee shop lesson planning or grading, or spending time with friends. When I have extra time, I like to craft. Long story short, I have an off-and-on knitting and stationary business that I would love to dedicate more time to in the near future.
8. What exciting things are you looking forward to that involve your blog? I’m excited for everything and anything. Again, there are no limits [ besides time 😉 ]
9. Obviously you REALLY know how to run a blog! What advice can you give to new bloggers trying to establish themselves in the blogging community? Hmm, I still consider myself a new blogger….but I guess I would have to say, as cliche as it sounds, be yourself and don’t try to write like the bloggers that you admire so much. You’ve got your own voice, and we want to hear it. 🙂
10. Finally, what is the worst outfit you ever wore? My worst outfit? Honestly, probably everything that I wore before sophomore year of college. Honestly, it was more of my hair and glasses choices hence I am probably never going to cut my hair again. ;P
Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks,